Until recently, there has been great resistance to the gospel in Europe, but now City to City Europe (CTCE) has entered an exciting new stage of development. Today there are church planters who have been trained by, supported or heavily influenced by Redeemer City To City (CTC) or CTCE in 46 cities across Europe. Momentum for church planting is building in nearly every key urban center, reaching people who have never attended an evangelical church.
Please join us in praying for Europe in the following ways:
- Pray for leaders who were recently trained at CTC's first European Train the Trainer event in Madrid to have wisdom, additional leadership assistance, and funding to begin Incubator Training in their cities.
- There are new church plants underway in Madrid, Athens and Istanbul. Pray for wisdom in deciding launch dates, developing leadership teams, funding, and that there will be a tremendous gospel movement in their cities.
- Birmingham 20/20 is a project whose goal is to train church planters and plan 20 churches in Birmingham, England by 2020. Thirteen have already been planted. Pray for wisdom, funding and continued gospel movement.
- These Southern European churches have grown and need or have recently purchased new facilities: Chiesa di San Lorenzo in Rome needs a new facility, Breccia di Roma needs funding, and Exarcheia Church in Athens needs funding.
- Immigrants continue to flow into Europe, both legally and illegally. Pray for the Church to seize this opportunity to present the gospel and for those in government to be wise and compassionate as they balance the many challenges involved.